Saturday, August 10, 2013

To All Friends And Family Of Erwin

Note: This message is not intended to deface Erwin's memory. In fact, we should all pay respect for his courage.

My name is Gboy, I am a silent advocate for HIV awareness. I myself is HIV positive since March of 2013. Eversince then, I have dedicated my time in reaching out to gay men online and share them my story and eventually convince people to take the HIV test. I was basically his HIV counselor.

About 4 months ago, I met Erwin in a social media website for men, he told me that after reading my blog, he suspects himself to be HIV positive because of the condition his health is in. I convinced him to take the test but he refused because he does not know where to start, or where to get the courage. He was scared of people finding out... He was scared of being judged, and most of all, he was scared of finding out the truth.

When he finally took the test. he called me and told me that the result is HIV stage 4, which is well known as AIDS. I told him to relax and assured him that everything will be alright now that he took the first step in taking care of himself. We even chatted every now and then giving him tips on staying healthy.

I told him to go straight to RITM or the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine in Alabang for free cd4 testing, and free medication. I told him to go ASAP so that the doctors will know how much damage the virus has done to his body. He said that he will be going there as soon as he regains his strength.

I just got a text from his partner that he passed away last August 8, 2013. the news came as a shock to me because we were even calling each other a few weeks ago. I may not know him that much, but I am deeply saddened by this...

I hope that we consider his passing as a wake up call. do not be blinded, HIV is real and it is killing people. We should not treat them as an abomination but give them understanding, emotional and financial support. it is hard enough dealing with the battle to stay healthy everyday, let us not add up to their burden by judging them.

And I seriously recommend that we should all refrain from blurting out negative remarks on HIV for it only adds up to the stigma. And if somebody opened up to you about his/her condition, never change the way you treat them, that's exactly what people like me are most fearful of.

To Erwin, you will be missed sorely. I hope that you put in a good word for us up there. I can see that many people loves you unconditionally and I hope it remains that way regardless of how you left us. I pray that people will always remember you as jolly, helpful, talented  and larger than life.

5 comments:

  1. Have herpes is not the end of your social life, you can meet many people with herpes in Herpes dating ,you can talk to each other and support each other, you can also date your love in this community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dating for persons with herpes are not possible as a subject of reality it is quite quick. When a person is 1st diagnosed with herpes they are devastated. The very first matter most people today believe about when they are to begin with diagnosed is that their dating and love existence is over. herpesdating-sites.com gives expert reviews of top herpes dating sites. Check out the Best herpes dating site listed by the best reviewers in the field of dating industry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!! I’m indeed very happy for the great help that Dr. Ariba rendered to me, I was a HIV patient my mom also was a HIV patient, we saw a blog whereby Dr. Ariba cured HIV, we (Me and My mom) decided to contact him which we did, he asked us to buy some items, unfailingly we sent him the money he will need in buying the items required, He prepared the cure and sent it to us and after we have used the herbs he sent to us he asked us to go for check-up after three days of using the herbs, Luckily for us we were tested HIV negative, now I believe all these Testimonies about him on the INTERNET, he is truly a great man, if you want to discuss with me on how he cured us, kindly email me on cuteguedes@gmail.com or you can contact the great Herbalist and a spell caster on draribaspelltemple@gmail.com, dr.aribaspelltemple@outlook.com, or you can call him via his mobile phone number on +2348140439497

    ReplyDelete

  4. We have thousands of members from around the world. People just like you who are interested in meeting others for friendship, companionship, and of course, love. You'll find people from all walks of life and we are here to help you find your Special Someone. std-meet is one of Herpes Owned Social and Herpes Dating sites Std Dating

    ReplyDelete
  5. My life is beautiful thanks to you, Mein Helfer. Lord Jesus in my life as a candle light in the darkness. You showed me the meaning of faith with your words. I know that even when I cried all day thinking about how to recover, you were not sleeping, you were dear to me. I contacted the herbal center Dr Itua, who lived in West Africa. A friend of mine here in Hamburg is also from Africa. She told me about African herbs but I was nervous. I am very afraid when it comes to Africa because I heard many terrible things about them because of my Christianity. god for direction, take a bold step and get in touch with him in the email and then move to WhatsApp, he asked me if I can come for treatment or I want a delivery, I told him I wanted to know him I buy ticket in 2 ways to Africa To meet Dr. Itua, I went there and I was speechless from the people I saw there. Patent, sick people. Itua is a god sent to the world, I told my pastor about what I am doing, Pastor Bill Scheer. We have a real battle beautifully with Spirit and Flesh. Adoration that same night. He prayed for me and asked me to lead. I spent 2 weeks and 2 days in Africa at Dr Itua Herbal Home. After the treatment, he asked me to meet his nurse for the HIV test when I did it. It was negative, I asked my friend to take me to another nearby hospital when I arrived, it was negative. I was overwhite with the result, but happy inside of me. We went with Dr. Itua, I thank him but I explain that I do not have enough to show him my appreciation, that he understands my situation, but I promise that he will testify about his good work. Thank God for my dear friend, Emma, I know I could be reading this now, I want to thank you. And many thanks to Dr. Itua Herbal Center. He gave me his calendar that I put on my wall in my house. Dr. Itua can also cure the following diseases ... Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Inflammatory Liver, Diabetis, Fribroid,Parkinson's disease,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Fibromyalgia, recover your ex. You can contact him by email or whatsapp, @ .. drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, phone number .. + 2348149277967 .. He is a good doctor, talk to him kindly. I'm sure he will also listen to you.

    ReplyDelete